Dealies Blog Fashion Round-Up! #9
Good afternoon fellow fashion fans and bargain hunters, welcome back to another weekly Dealies TOP TEN. We round-up the ten best things that happened this week in fashion AND show you where to shop the trends online, for the very best online sales and discounts!
1. In the top spot, Topshop is officially coming to Sydney! Doors open in October, which is only 3 months at time of writing. We’re trying our very best to resist a day-by-day countdown.
2. Also in the news this week, Gisele has been officially crowned the world’s richest supermodel. She supposedly made a cool 45 million in the last year, thanks to high-profile collaborations with brands like Alexander Wang, Givenchy and high-street queen Mango. Unsurprisingly, a further eight Victoria’s Secret models featured on the list.
3. We are loving Tavi Gevinson – the Style Rookie turned Rookie Magazine editor (think fashionable feminism for kooky teens) is nothing short of awesome, and at only 16 she is already a total trend-setter in her own right. Famous for sticking to her guns, her style, and her ambitions, Tavi is a total favourite in the Dealies office. This week she interviewed the icnoic Iris Apfel at the Met, creating a thought-provoking debate about the relation of age (both old and young) to fashion. Well worth a watch!
4. Something else we’re in love with this week- the incredible accessories and jewelry from Haus of Hinton. We were lucky enough to interview Allison, the mastermind behind the brand, about her inspirations and style tips – read it heeere! Also, how toget 15% off with an exclusive Dealies-readers-only coupon code!
5. Blake Lively, a girl who really knows her accessories, has just been announced as the new face of Gucci’s perfume line. Looking gorgeous as always, it’s easy to see why!
6. The fashion Police were out in force at the Royal Ascot races; new guidelines dictated that shoulders and cleavage must be covered, skirts must be decent and hats must be hats, not fascinators. They had genuine enforces of the law on hand to drape tasteful scarves on all offenders. We predict this new modesty is yet another symptom of KMid fever.
7. Katy Perry has caught it too, we spotted her wearing an uncharacteristically mid-length, rather dignified Temperly dress to her appearance on Jimmy Kimmel, which was absolutely nothing like her usual bralet/popcorn ensembles. Interesting…
8. An easy way of adapting this super sophisticated look to your winter wardrobe is definitely to make the most of the classic Trench Coat. The ever lovely Nadine from the gorgeous blog Modern Girls in Vintage Pearls wrote us a brilliant article all about her favourite Trench styles, and how to shop them through Dealies for maximum money-saving brilliance.
9. Bit more bloglovin‘… this week we were featured in the Five Fab Finds on the fabulous Fox in Flats blog AND by the beautiful Teer Wayde on her blog Curves to Kill! We agree that we certainly are fab, but we’re super excited to hear it from such lovely blogging ladies!
10. Absolutely FAB – this week also saw the launch of the Spicegirls’ Musical, yes, SPICEGIRLS MUSICAL. It’s called Viva Forever, and follows the life of a young girl called Viva who just oooozes girl power and is soundtracked by all the hits we know and love. Plus, two great things become one (ooops sorry) because Ab Fab star Jennifer Saunders is director! Our lives are absolutely spiced up.